Mandy Merkel, founder and owner of Senior Resource Consulting, has worked in the rehabilitation and long-term care industry for more than 20 years. She began her career as Director of Outpatient Services for the rehabilitation unit of an Atlanta-area hospital, and later served as Regional Director of Operations for SunDance Rehabilitation Corporation, a subsidiary of Sun Healthcare Groups (owner/operator of senior facilities nationwide).
With her professional training, industry knowledge, and strong commitment to seniors, Mandy is able to bridge the communication gap between the elderly, their families, and senior-care facility personnel.
Mandy’s credentials, honors, and affiliations include:
- B.A. in Speech & Hearing Therapy, University of the Witwatersrand
- M.M.S. in Speech Pathology, Emory University
- Certified Care Manager and Elder Mediator
- Named “Clinical Director of the Year” (SunDance Rehabilitation Corporation) and “One of North Fulton’s Phenomenal Women of the Year” (American Business Women’s Association, N. Fulton Chapter)
- Recipient, Belmont Senior Living Blue Ribbon award for service to senior community
- Active Member, National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers, Georgia Eldercare Network, and Leadership Sandy Springs
- Board Member, Second Wind Dreams
- Resource Consultant, Alzheimer’s Association and Georgia Healthcare Association
Understanding Special Needs
Given her broad experience in the senior-care arena, Mandy fully understands the aging process and the adjustments needed to work well with elderly clients. Further, with advanced education in speech pathology, Mandy recognizes the impact of age-related speech disorders on both seniors and their families. She offers guidance in identifying ways to help family members communicate more effectively with their senior relatives.
For more information, contact Mandy Merkel at 404-786-7789 or by completing the contact form. There is no charge for an initial phone consultation.